Dine Out 2014: Market by Jean-Georges

Dine Out 2014 Dine Out 2014
Dine Out 2014Dine Out 2014
Dine Out 2014Dine Out 2014

We get a private room, a waiter that looks like a little younger version of Bradley Cooper. What's not to like. The question should be, what's not to LOVE? - that's the food.

Seared Gulf Shrimp, Butternut Squash, Ginger and Basil ( top left )
 - I somewhat enjoyed this dish, it's flavors were light and complimented well.
Soy and Sweet Wine Lacquered Pork Cheek with Celery and Apple Salad ( top right )
 - I thought this dish was over flavored, in another sense too salty, mine was cooked well but a little dry here and there.
There is a key to eating these desserts and I'll let you know what it is. You cannot really enjoy these dishes unless you eat a little bit of each piece all together at once. Yes, some people out there don't know that. You can't eat a 3 piece dessert one section at a time ( well you can, but you won't enjoy it as much). One piece may be overly sweet and another overly bland and another overly textured or whatnot. Take a little piece of everything on a spoon / fork and take it in all together at once and you have this magical symphony of taste in your mouth. 

Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Cassis Poached Pear, Pear Sorbet. ( bottom left )
 - Delicious! It's light and delightful! My favorite dish of the night!
Warm Chocolate Cake served with vanilla ice cream. ( bottom right )
 - A little bit of a heavy feeling when I eat it, but it's nice contrast between the warm cake and the ice cream. 

I don't know what to say about my experience.
I enjoyed a time out with friends. We laughed, we were loud, they closed the door so we can have more privacy. We didn't feel the food was equal to the price we paid. It was very 3/5 for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Do You Remember Asian Avenue?