Beautiful Cloudy Weekend


Friday evening.
It was a mad dash to wrap up work and meet up with Darren to head down to the ferry terminal. I ran from work to the Skytrain station. I was so impatient when ran for the Skytrain that I really wanted to kick some people in the back that just stop on the escalator. Don't you just hate that? People that don't really follow the rule of thumb? If you're going to stop and stand, you keep to the right ( the slow lane when driving ) if you are going to walk then you go to the left. I made the mad dash from downtown, to transfer to Commercial Station. I must admit, the running made me sweat. I stopped sweating when I got onto the Millennium line and made my way to meet up with Darren at Burnaby Lake Station. I was however stressed out and my stomach pains started again. ( This was when I knew for sure that stress was the factor making me sick ) I felt sick on the way back to Darren's parents' place as we picked up Steve and Connie there and made our way to the ferry terminal. The trip was long and a bumpy one at that. The road into Bamfield is not for the light of heart or those that get motion sickness. I told Steve and Connie as Darren hopped out of the car for a break, that the road reminds me of two things, one is the mouse at Playland. The second is the wooden roller coasters your ride at amusement parks. The jitter to the top before that drop. Except here, Bamfield is the drop. The excitement at the end of the bumpy ride up.
It was so dark when we drove into Bamfield, Darren kept waking my little drifting mind up from mid-dreams as we got closer and closer to town. I very much felt his eager aura, a little hint of the love he had for this little town that sits at the edge of this island off the beautiful coast of our province. As he gave a quick little tour. The cabin was so dark as we drove into the property, but the cabin lights were lit. I flowed Darren in from behind as he was quick to head into the cabin, a little dark shadow ran by me in the darkness and I unknowingly made out a cat but wasn't too sure. I walked into a warm cabin that was heated by a wood-burning fireplace. Such a cozy feeling as I walked in. I love that feeling. :) A man that Darren and Steve refer to as Uncle Neil was sitting on the couch with his laptop on the coffee table apparently playing online poker.
It was already late when we reached the cabin 10-11pm or so. We simply went upstairs to a shared big room with two air mattresses on the floor. Set up our beds and it wasn't soon after we fell asleep. To the sound of coughing old men and the smell of smoke.

Saturday.
The day started drizzly and didn't really lighten up. This made Darren a bit upset, I could tell in his eyes. There is so much more we could do here when the sun is up and out when there is NO rain. We woke up with Darren heading downstairs to make breakfast. I was the second of the four of us to get downstairs and when I did. Darren was already cooking eggs and had the croissants cut in half and had cut a couple slices of pears. He was heating up pre-cooked bacon on a pan as I got into the kitchen. Uncle Neil poked fun, saying fresh bacon is just better! :D
We eat breakfast together and relaxed a bit around the cabin and it wasn't too long after that we headed out to Pachena Bay and took a walk around the beach. Though the drive-in was closed off we parked along the side and walked in along the beach. I got some great shots. :) Beautiful, just beautiful. There was more than one photo that I took of the surroundings when I thought as I stood there that it just felt as though I was looking at a painting. The beach was during low tide and it just seemed endless. Shells poking here and there in the sand. One of which I said was very pretty and took a photo of as we were heading back towards the car, Darren picks the little shell up and cleans it off, and tells me to take it with me. I protested softly at first, but this gesture is one of the sweetest things someone has done. I watched him as he brushed away and blew off the sand that remained on the little shell and stuffed it into my right jacket pocket. I took pictures of different shells and things that I came across on the beach. Random things as well. On our way back to the car we were flowing a set of paw tracks, of which the boys said to be raccoon tracks. I said they could belong to a dog ( wishful thinking ), but we never really found out what they belonged to. The tracks ended not too far from the car but lead back into the wooded forest. We soon headed back to the cabin, but before doing so Darren took us for another quick drive tour about town. There wasn't much to see really. Everything seemed to exist on this main road. As he drove down to the boat launching area, Two Great Danes started to chase the truck as it drove down to the docks. Darren seemed to hop out of the truck to meet them and wasn't even scared at how big these dogs were. I hopped out soon after, ( I am an animal lover ) These dogs were big, standing alone their heads were up to my chest. But they were timid and gentle, I let them sniff me and they allowed me to pet them. One white one wore a light red collar and the black one that was a bit shy and smaller. The bigger white one seemed very sweet as it came up to me side by side with his partner in crime he smelled my hand and licked it. Allowing me to pet him as well. This little event of randomness and gesture from these big creatures somewhat made me feel quite welcome. I wanted to take a picture with them but they ran off as Darren thought they would want to play fetch and threw a stick for them. They seemed to give off a little energy that made me think they were a bit scared of us to begin with, but got a bit bored of us as they just trailed off home. Darren slid down the walk ramp by foot and made it all the way to the end standing which made the rest of us astounded that he was able to do that so flawlessly. As we slowly took our time to walk down to the dock. We looked about for a bit and slowly made our way back up the walk ramp. Steve and Connie walked down by the boat launch and Steve picked up a starfish. I ventured closer to take a peak and feel. This experience was better than going to the aquarium, you're seeing things in their element. He placed them on their backs at the end of the launch to see if these creatures could turn over on their own. Not just one but two. I needed to go to the washroom so we headed back to the cabin for a break and lunch as well. After some hot dogs for lunch Darren suggests to me to head outside for a bit with him so he can show me how to ride the ATV. I filmed him as he brought the ATV back out from under the porch, Steve was out to take it for a bit of a spin and warm up. Where he filmed me riding it for a bit. I really wanted to go faster but didn't want to scare the boys if I went too fast too soon. It was fun actually, after two small rounds about. I thought to myself.. I kinda want one. If I had my own, I don't think I would hold back on how fast I would want to go. But Connie even gave it a go after a bit. Then the boys took us on a bit of a ride to show us how it should be ridden. I was giggling most of the way ridding with Darren. It was really fun :) Soon after, it started to rain a little harder so we headed in for a bit of rest. We head upstairs to our room and all take a bit of a nap, waiting for the rain to lighten up. Darren was determined to get a fire in the fire pit going. ( I noticed this during the trip, he's a very determined guy. I kinda like that. It shows me he has the kind of strive to want to get things done especially plans he makes and sets up. ) The night came about quickly as we dozed off. I come out to make the campfire with Darren, after he started it up and the fire got a bit blazing he did something unexpected. He pulled me close in an embracing hug and started to doot-da-loo a little melody and swaying side to side in a little dance. It happened so quickly and at the same time it made me think of a goal he just broke. I smile. #38. Dance in a random place with someone randomly.
After we got the fire going, we head back into the cabin to find that Steve and Connie had started to cook the pasta dinner. The boys head back out to build up the fire some more as I helped finish up with the dinner stuff. Slicing up the garlic bread to toast them, stirring the sauce. All in the while as me and Connie chat it up. :) . We all eat dinner together and that night we roast marshmallows by the fire pit, and did a little marshmallow ( chubby bunny ) contest. But we didn't have to say chubby bunny. Again I could only fit 5. Steve did 10, Connie hit 9 and Darren was a winner with 12 ( I believe ). The night ends and we wake up to a dry Sunday morning.

Sunday.
We didn't do much this morning but got up and ready packed all our gear. Darren was first again to go down and make breakfast. I was second once again to be down after sleeping in a bit longer. We basically ate all the food we didn't finish the yesterday. Leaving a little behind for Neil to finish off. The boys worked on the boat for a bit as the girls watched, walked about, went back in the cabin to watch a movie. The boys finish a bit earlier and came in a joined us. We all took another nap before leaving and heading back for home at 3pm, to catch the 7pm ferry ride home. By the time we reached Darren's parents house it was already 9:30pmish. We went in for a bit to say hello and got introduced to his mom. *shy* . The house was quite large on the inside and warm as well. We left soon after, Steve and Connie departed ways here as well. I say goodbye to his mom and that we'll see each other again this weekend. Darren drops me home around 10pmish. I'm not too sure on the hours here.

On the way home I realize this one weekend. Darren broke three goals in three days. ♥
#38. Dance in a random place with someone randomly.
#51. ATVing
#72. Vacation Vancouver Island.

(will enter pics soon) Although the trip was mostly cloudy and drizzly I still had a great relaxing time. It was nice to see, smell, feel and soak in a little of mother nature again. I went without Cellphone reception and my laptop for 2 nights and 2 days and now it's back to work life now and the city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Do You Remember Asian Avenue?