A medical procedure

Log 20210531 it has been 1 year, 4 months, 1 week and 3 days since the pandemic started in Canada.

I had a medical procedure done today.

Although it wasn’t a high risk procedure my brain went into worse case scenario mode. Dying in the procedure room, of complications thereafter or due to meds. .. so before my procedure I message one person just in case.. and the person I ended up messaging was my sister. To tell her I love her and if I die I will help her as much as I can to win the lottery. Lol. 
She said I would be just fine and to take a deep breathe.
 
I came out of my procedure alright. Sleepy I was assisted by nurses back to my recovery area.
But as I was laying down in my little patient corner for recovery behind a curtained wall, something happened.
 
Another patient, perhaps going into or out of the washroom after her treatment had passed out... all I heard was a nurse calling for help. It takes a couple of seconds before a mad rush of nurses+/doctors are heard making their way to the patient. Instructions were quickly delegated to make sure all other patient rooms were curtained off and a vital machine was needed. My curtain was soon pulled back, and greeted me with a “hi, sweetie,” before she grabbed a small machine next to me on the table. And fully pulled the curtain closed. But It wasn’t long after another nurse/doctor could be heard saying that the patient is alright and that she has vitals, a heartbeat and she’s breathing on her own. The nurse returns, pulling the curtain open, placing the small machine back onto the table and leaving, drawing the curtains closed again. I hear the nurses help this patient as their tones change and lighten as the patient opened her eyes, they assess her. Advising her not to rip out her iv line...

I fall back to sleep.

I’m reminded that anything can happen. And that’s why my brain will go to worse case scenario sometimes... and just in case... I love you... isn’t hard to relay.

And apparently I just bled like crazy when the nurse put in my line.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Happy 2012