That time God Responded, when I felt alone

Although I’m not Catholic - I went to a Catholic school as a kid in elementary. I’m not particularly religious. My mom is Christian and my Nana (her mom) I would say is very much a child of the lord - she is filled with faith and is the sweetest thing.

I however have had a number of unexplained experiences in my life to make me fully believe that the Heavenly Father / God / He / She exists. I usually very often refer to God as my Dad/ Spiritual Dad. If something blesses me in life, I will look to the heavens and say, “Thanks!” Now, DAD / God to me is a very busy Dad with billions of children to watch over. I don’t pray a lot because I just feel like I don’t want to take up any valuable voicemail space. I just do my best to be a good person and independent child of God. I also say the guardian angels prayer a lot and regard them as spiritual siblings.
There was one time... In 2004-2005... my mom took me on a impromptu trip back to Malaysia and Brunei. It felt like a - 'you should pack cause we’re leaving in 2 days. Happy 21 birthday present!'
While in Malaysia, my mom, Nana and My moms dad - ended up taking me with them to some Christian camp retreat up in the mountains of Kota Kinabalu. Although I may have been around many Christians, none really befriended me on this trip. You may ask why perhaps I didn’t go up to anyone, it’s because I was unsure if anyone spoke English. Because I don’t speak Malay. I thought in my heart that someone would come up and introduce themselves and etc. and eventually someone did - she was a very nice lady and spoke English quite well, she started to ask me questions and I answered as politely as I could. I however remember the last question she asked me, and it was along the lines - if I was ever baptized to become a child of God. I remember saying something along the lines of, “No, but I actually don’t believe one needs to be baptized to be a child of God.” She was taken back a little, was approached by her friend and never spoke to me again.

At some point after this Christian camp retreat trip, but sometime into my 3 Month Trip to Malaysia with my mom. A few things has happened to show me the craziness of my mother. About 2 weeks into my trip, I got a bug bite on my inner thy. It became infected, and pretty bad.. I will blog about this another time. But it was so bad that I had to remain on medication for the remainder of my trip before returning to Canada. Anyways...By this point I wanted to go home just a little over 3 weeks. On Sunday December 4, 2004. My mom wakes me up to go to church. While in a Church during service. Although I was next to my mom - I felt so very much alone - In a country where I am partly from and have roots to, but I felt lost. I began to talk to DAD and my spiritual siblings in my head and in my heart. Saying how alone I felt, and if he or they could give me a sign that he or they knew I was still here. I pick up a Bible to feel a sense of familiarity and to follow the service as best I could, I was also reading some psalms.  This service and Roman Catholic services (which I am accustomed to) were very different. When I held this Bible, a fly seemed to have kind of appear from in-between its pages and my fingers, leading my fingers to the place it appeared from, before flying off. Now I pause for a second because I thought that it was very strange for a fly to be in this church, let alone come out from in between the pages of the Bible - because it was actually cold in this church as it was air conditioned. And second I thought - who trapped a fly in a Bible?!

I opened up the Bible and read the first line on the left page...

“All the brothers and sisters here have asked me to greet you for them...”
I was like - no way! And then I was like - how do I know this is actually a message for me. I flipped the page to read the beginning of that verse... it reads... “the churches here in the province of Asia greet you heartily in the lord....” 1 Corinthians 16:19-20 was the message I got.
I smiled, I think my eyes swelled with tears and they rolled down my cheeks a little.
I didn’t feel so alone anymore.
Dad was listening. They were listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

A Dream to a Goal to Reality : The Summary and Aftermath of Release The Butterflies