From me to you: a 36 Years Past

 From me to you: a 36 Years Past - a Poem. By: E.S. Lo

my 37th year...
I would like to start anew.
And I ask this from a numbered few.
They are apologies I do extend,
To all those I did offend.
If I ever broke your heart,
Made you cry or fall apart.
If my words they left a mark,
I am sorry for my part.
If I ever kicked your shins,
made you bleed or bruised your skin.
For somethings I can't recall.
I am sorry for them all.
If I caused you sadness in any way
deepest apologies, is all I can say.
If I bullied you or was mean and rude.
I apologize for being crude.
36 years of weary thoughts
it's enough sadness that it's brought.
Time has been said to heal all wounds,
it doesn't really, it's only assumed.
I've always been taught to bite my tongue,
don't speak too much - you may look dumb.
Don't laugh too loud, it's unattractive,
and as I age that doesn't matter.
What really matters is the love we knew.
The love we give to many or a few.
The love we grow, the love we show,
For LOVE is what we all should know.
I have become bothered when I hate,
and it makes me feel a bit displaced.
When I think of heartaches I've caused,
it makes me quiet with a pause.
But I've been quiet for far too long.
I am sorry - and that is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

A Dream to a Goal to Reality : The Summary and Aftermath of Release The Butterflies