When I was a little girl living in East Vancouver

When I was a little girl living in East Vancouver, BC. 

There was a summer where a new boy and his family moved in next door. Since he was new, my dad thought it would be good for me to make new friends and go and play with him - since we were around the same age ( I think he was a year or two younger.) Well this boy's sense "fun" was to kill things like snails, slugs and worms. He would run around the yard and find worms, slugs, and snails to step on, throw on the fence to dry out in the sun, and cut in half. I went with it for a while but I absolutely didn't like watching this potentially psycho child kill things and I eventually stopped playing with him.

I think my dad took it as me being anti-social, non-friendly.
I took it as, I don't like killing things as much as that boy likes killing things. I don't know if I ever told my dad that - that was reason I stopped playing with him. Maybe I should have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

A Dream to a Goal to Reality : The Summary and Aftermath of Release The Butterflies