That time God responded, when I was leaving New York

I've told you guys a story before how I'm not devoted to any religion but still believe there is a GOD and, though I may not go to church, or pray on a weekly/daily schedule. Another moment in my life when I had a - 'God - totally heard me and responded' moment was this one.

It is 2014 and I had made my way to Montreal to meet up with the boyfriend who was there at the time for work. We soon later made our way to New York to check out an Art Gallery in Manhattan who was interested in representing me at the time and I was considering if I wanted to have my work shown there. The trip was great! We visited central park, went to the MET, saw places we recognized in movies, watched Wicked on Broadway. Ate at places that were popular and recommended. Upon leaving, in our taxi ride to the airport, I started to pray as boyfriend was chatting away with the driver.

I started my prayer pretty much the same way I start all my prayers... ‘Hey Dad, I know you’re busy, but...’ and thanked God for such a great trip. We're safe, healthy and all around pretty happy, making our way home. I noted however we never got to see a celebrity (not including the Broadway show). Which was pretty much the only downer throughout the whole trip. It would be perfect if we had, but we're on our way home. I thanked God again for everything in my heart and mind and exited the cab, thanking the driver.

While making our way through security, I found myself to be taking my time as I loved New York so much I didn't want to rush leaving it. BF however, was rush rush rush. Wanting to get through security as fast as he could. I was taking off my jacket, and shoes and placing them into a plastic tub and soon was emptying out the contents of my oversized purse when I waved blindly to the man who was waiting behind me, saying, "You can go ahead of me, if you want..." He responded in a familiar deep voice, "What? you got a lot of stuff?". I responded.. "No, not really." I responded a little embarrassed, because no one has ever asked me a question when I was just being very nonchalant and I turn to see who this familiar voice was... and I see Shaq! I kindly asked for a picture soon after before he was bombarded with others who took notice of him in the airport.

I have the biggest smile on my face in the picture of this moment. My hands are the way they are because he had just gently grasped my wrist when he took notice I was wearing a nike band and said he had one too.

I got to run into a celeb... and the trip was PERFECT!
The Universe/God works in mysterious ways!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Happy 2012