Rebuilding what is broken or lost

Log. 20210520. It has been 1 year 3 months, and 4 weeks since the pandemic started.
Perhaps my title for this blog is basically a theme I'm going for - for the year of 2021.
The summer is coming and what is suppose to be the 20th anniversary of my High School Graduation, and also the 25th year anniversary of Elementary Graduation. Reunions are supposedly being planned, but not this year I fear. The pandemic is still here. The numbers are going down, more people are getting vaccinated. But that doesn't mean it's going away. The risks are still all very existent.

Besides working, these past few weeks. I've been randomly messaging old friends, photos I've been coming across since I've been re-organizing my life and photos. Scrapbooking all the photos I had in a storage box. Scanning negatives that are also stuffed in there along side the photos. Negatives... now they've all been replaced with memory cards and usb sticks. I've been messaging and wishing people a happy 20th / 25th. Looking at the old photos were a bit of a joy for me, some other times a bit sad, and utterly a mix of a bunch of emotions. To be honest. 99% have been well received. And many have replied feeling it was something much needed to lift their spirits. As many have been on the brink of madness and depression from the pandemic. Which is … understandable. I have felt a sliver of this depression but I say sliver because I have become a recluse over the years. I am alone, but not alone, I am not lonely. I have B. He is a hub of human connections even for someone who has also been working at home.

Scrapbooking has been very therapeutic. Reviewing the friendships I've made over the years. Ones that formed in high school, and acquaintances from high school that have formed into friendships after the fact. Life is a funny thing. My girlfriends … oh well, just one, seems to note that I dated too many boys in high school. I may have dated a FEW guys over the many years before settling ;) but upon reflection I don't regret having opening up my heart to them, because they have allowed me, over the years, to understand what it is I really wanted and needed. The one I ended up with actually reminds me a little bit of each one of them and I would like to think it is of the best or my favorite qualities. But even though my heart has come to a place of understanding and allowing bygones be bygones. I understand that perhaps my actions in the past may have dealt large wounds which time has not healed. Which led to the 1%.  The one percent that when I send them some images and messages of well wishes, go unnoticed, unresponsive, and unread. And my heart just hopes that they are OK. That they are still alive. That they are Happy, Healthy and Safe during this pandemic.

I ended up doing some art today, and then the rest of my day ended up falling upon me trying to fix this blog and broken image links. I realized that some of them linked to a website I had forgotten I had placed images on, so I ended up spending a butt load of time getting images off and back onto another platform and relinking them. I screen shot some flash projects I found that were from College days and shared them onto IG. 



They are still amazing watch and play with, but it is sad to know that Flash will soon become unsupported by many browsers. Trying to even delete the long lost website account was also a hassle, as it wasn't allowing me to do so. Only some googling allowed me to learn that they will be shutting it down later in the year, so I didn't really have to bother trying anymore.

Trying... useless trying.
Yeah I'm going to try to relink and build this blog broken image links. I may even add some images to blogs I said I would, that I hadn't. It has been nice to look over my Toronto trip blog and photos. It reminded me when I wasn't so much of a recluse and did adventure. That adventure is out there, if I ever seek to leave my shire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Happy 2012