Project: To You Turned Inward

Log. 20210529. It has been 1 year, 4 months and 8 days since the pandemic hit Canada.

There was a project ... named Project: To You. Which was created to be a therapeutic and an expressive release of unsaid words and thoughts, where people were able to write an email to the project, projecting whatever it is they ever wanted to say to that someone while remaining anonymous. These letters were later posted onto a blog where it could be read / received. I recently decided to close the project down, sadly, as much as I had my heart in it. It just remained stagnant for a number of years with no new entries being received.

I guess in the spirit of project to you, I sent out a number of care packages.. which I deemed to be pandemic packages. I had put them together and set them aside to 'de-contaminate' before mailing them off to their final destinations the week after. Somethings for some people that simply were on my mind and in my heart. If I didn't send care packages out, I messaged people and told them how appreciative in some way they were to me in my life. I also thanked them for the love and friendship. I actually do this once and a while. Messaging friends if I've just dreamt of them, and tell them a little story perhaps of my dream, and that I'm thinking of them.. and hope they are doing alright.

Some may wonder... what is the point of doing so? 

In this pandemic. You can only come to reflect how precious life really is.
More so as my high school and elementary grad class was to be celebrating our 20th/25th anniversary... We also come to learn of the ones that have passed over the years. In our grad class or even those that are one year our junior or senior.

A few years ago I saw an elementary school friend at the Richmond night market. She was with her family and I didn't want to intrude. Within the next year or so, she just suddenly fell ill one morning and passed away. I regret not taking a few seconds to say a simple "Hello, how are you?!"... and "Goodbye."

With that said, it is absolutely alright to thank those that are still with us, if they've ever touched your heart in some way or another. If a part of them still dwells there and you still have love for them. Tell them. You would never know how much they would need it, and how much you yourself need to say what it is you always wanted to say. 

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” —Albert Pine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to KungFu Panda 3 art contest

DISNEYLAND TRIP: DAY 2

Happy 2012